Students who are eligible to receive city bus transportation will be issued the new Milwaukee County Transit System
M-Card. Eligibility requirements include: you must live more than 2.1 miles from school and in the City of Milwaukee.
The M-Card is good from 12:00 a.m. Sunday nights until 11:59 p.m. Friday nights. This will allow the student to have transportation to school related activities and a way to after school jobs if needed.
· Students will be asked by the MCTS driver to show their student ID when presenting the M-Card.
· The card is micro-chipped and must be handled with care. DO NOT paper punch a hole in the card.
· The unique number on the card is registered to the student’s school identification number.
· Students considered truant will have their card temporarily de-activated until their attendance improves and will be placed on daily transportation which they will need to pick up in the main office. Students will have to demonstrate 90 percent attendance over a 30 day period to have their card reinstated.
· The card may not be shared with friends or family. The card will be deactivated if a non-student is found using the card.
· If the card is lost or stolen, it must be reported to the school office as soon as possible. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen cards. Students are responsible for the cost of their transportation until a new card is issued and activated.
· The replacement cost of a new card is $20.00 each.
· It can take up to a week for a new card to be issued.
· All cards are the property of Ronald Reagan IB High School and Milwaukee County Transit System and must be returned when the student leaves Reagan or at the end of the school year.